5 Beauty Reasons to Stay Hydrated
We all know that staying hydrated is a major part of our health, but what does that have to do with beauty? We’ve rounded up the top 5 reasons why getting enough water isn’t only beneficial to your health, but also your beauty routine!
- Reduces Acne: With proper water intake, the skin will seem glowy and fresh. Water allows our skin to properly detox, so when our bodies are in lack of water, the skin can be irritated and unable to get rid of toxins, causing breakouts, blotchiness, and blackheads.
- Slows Aging: Water helps out all of our organs to function properly, so when we are dehydrated it causes all of our organs and cells to work harder than necessary. When we stay hydrated, our body doesn’t have to work as hard, keeping us feeling and looking younger, for longer!
- Healthy Nails: Brittle nails that crack or peel often can be a direct result of dehydration. Upping your water intake can not only solve that problem, but also promote healthy and strong nails.
- Cures Sunburn: Even when using sunscreen, the warm summer months can quickly turn into a sunburn if we aren’t careful! Other than using aloe-based products to speed up the healing process, drinking lots of water will equip the skin to heal faster.
- Prevent Hair Loss: Our body is made up of 1/4 water, so when the body is dehydrated it will conserve the water for other organs in the body. This can lead to hair loss, breakage, and reduce hair growth.
Stay hydrated! Drink more water.